EMC Market Share
- External Disk 28%
- Networked Storage 28%
- VMware Environments 48%
Areas of Growing Interest
- Server Virtualization
- Cloud-based Storage
- Datacenter efficiency "green"
- "SSD (aka EFD) Tuned Arrays will Totally Change the Game"
Declining EFD Pricing
- 1Q08 – EFD 40x more expensive than FC rotational disk
- 3Q08 – EFD 22x more expensive than FC rotational disk
- 1Q09 – EFD 8x more expensive than FC rotational disk
What’s Next in IT
- Virtual Data Centers
- Cloud Computing
- Virtual Clients
- Virtual Applications
Data Center Computing vs. Cloud Computing
- Data Center Attributes: Trusted, Controlled, Reliable, Secure
- Cloud Attributes: Dynamic, Efficient, On-demand, Flexible
EMC (Tucci) proposes that by Virtualizing the Data Center we are converting the traditional data center into an internal cloud, ahhhh vCloud :)…. Could this picture be anymore cloudy?
I see the thought process and vision here but will the average end user comprehend this?
I fully expect someone to ask me next week if they can vMotion from their internal cloud (legacy vMware farm) to the EMC AtmosSphere.
Ohhhh my, now we have a slide federating the private and public cloud, can’t wait to fill out that qualifier.
Favorite Cloude Quote:
Paul Maritz – Cloud California motels "check your applications in, but they can’t get out" – Hmmm, sounds like a little know on Amazon’s S3 SimpleDB.
Final thought, has EMC/VMware decided to prefix all terms with "v" (e.g. – vSphere) while Microsoft has decided to use the letter "v" as a suffix (e.g. – Hyper-V)?